Lead/Senior Engineer, Platform R&D, Health
Plantation, FL, or Sunnyvale, CA
As Lead or Senior Engineer, Platform R&D, Health, you are responsible for transforming spatial health paradigms into production-level code ready to be deployed by partners and application developers. You will work within the team tasked with creating a spatial health platform that integrates biomarker algorithms, telehealth mechanisms, and other spatial computing methodologies, as well as work on incoming projects from external partners. You will work closely with program management, the algorithm, systems, applications, and regulatory teams, to ensure the development and implementation of an efficient and robust clinically validated platform.
- Explore, design, develop, implement, and test methods, modules, and libraries to address specific needs of health and medical technology application developers.
- Design and develop the productization of biomarker algorithms and health-specific spatial computing mechanisms, and their integration within the overall software platform.
- Assist business segment leaders and systems engineering in capturing and understanding customer needs and translating them into system requirements.
- Coordinate closely with the systems teams to ensure production implementations that fulfill system requirements.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality algorithms and services.
- Implement and manage processes of building, releasing, and version control of spatial health platform components.
- Follow established processes to create software, review code, and write documentation according to HIPAA and medical device design controls requirements.
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Regulatory teams to implement a robust platform for spatial health.
- 7+ years of industry experience as a software developer, including 5+ years managing software development teams.
- 5+ years coding & debugging of C/C++.
- 3+ years of experience working in healthcare or medical device development.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, especially TensorFlow, required.
- Proven track record of bringing deep learning algorithms from applied research and feasibility to production-level implementation a strong plus.
- Strong foundations in machine learning and other algorithm development, especially in deep learning (RNNs, CNNs, etc), desired.
- Strong foundations in data structures, and software and computer architecture.
- Experience in implementation of deep learning, other machine learning algorithms and other complex biomedical algorithms for health and wellness required.
- Knowledge of computer vision algorithm implementation is a very strong plus.
- Experience in the implementation and productization of software solutions for measurement and monitoring of health and medical applications is a strong plus.
- Experience working in medical device regulated industry (FDA, EU MDD/MDR, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity, IEC 62304) required.
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review. Knowledge of git highly desirable.
MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar required. Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related preferred.