As Counsel, Employment at Magic Leap, you will work on a broad range of employment related issues, including negotiating and drafting documents for resolving employment disputes, creating and maintaining employee policies, overseeing compliance with employment regulations, managing immigration processes, and drafting employment agreements to support all our teams across the company, both domestic and international.
- Work directly with our General Counsel and People team to resolve employment disputes, including responding to information requests, formulating dispute strategies, drafting and reviewing legal filings and settlement agreements.
- Advise various teams across the company on questions regarding employment laws and regulations, and keep up-to-date on relevant employment laws and regulations to ensure ongoing ability to provide sound advice.
- Draft employment agreements, separation agreements, and other employment-related agreements for our offices in various domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Manage our immigration processes by overseeing the work done by outside counsel and providing guidance on key roadblocks they face.
- Oversee the Company’s employee policies process.
- Create processes for new employment challenges we face, as we continue to grow from a startup to a mature company.
- Participate in key cross-functional committees that determine company-wide strategies that impact our workforce.
- 2 years of legal experience working in the employment group of an AM Law 100 law firm and/or in-house as an attorney providing guidance on employment related issues.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, membership in at least one recognized bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
- Strong willingness to learn and become skilled in areas where you may not be as experienced.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the following areas: employment dispute resolution, drafting employment agreements, U.S. immigration law, and employment laws and regulations.
- Enthusiasm for/early adoption of new technologies.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.