Concept Artist Internship - Summer 2020 Internship
Magic Leap Studios seeks a skilled Concept Artist to help visualize the future of Mixed Reality content. The artist will work with multiple teams on a wide variety of content and will be integral in helping build the visual branding of Magic Leap. Candidate should be skilled in a variety of artistic styles, from photorealistic and painterly, to graphic and stylized. Excellent design sensibilities and craftsmanship are a must, as well as thorough color theory and creative problem-solving skills. Candidate should have the ability to iterate on a single idea without losing the spark of inspiration. This position requires strong visual communication skills and the ability to work closely with Art Directors and production artists, as well as other team members in a creative and collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are toiling hard to create something amazing and world-changing.
- Design and iterate in 2D on ideas based on art direction.
- Provide preliminary sketches, finished sketches, and call out sheets for materials and surfaces when applicable.
- Provide ideas and iterations for UX/UI functionality and visual representation explorations.
- Concepting ideas for future uses of MR
- Skill and ability to interpret spoken and written design into visual form.
- Skill and ability to communicate and interpret feedback.
- Stylistic variety is a plus.
- Good eye for design and streamlining complex ideas.
Please provide a link to your portfolio in order to be considered for this role.
- Actively pursuing an AA/BFA in a related field of art.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.