MachineGames is looking for an experienced Gameplay Animator to join our team.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Collaborate with the director and lead to help define and maintain the high level of quality for all animations available in current and future MG productions.
- Create Enemy (AI) animations and Player animations with a focus on style, playability, and 'flow'.
- Work with all disciplines to develop content implementation tools, technology, and workflow.
- Identify, communicate, and try to resolve animation related issues quickly and efficiently.
- Create high quality realistic/stylized and believable animations utilizing hand key animation and motion editing according to gameplay specific needs.
- To do quick blockouts for gameplay tests.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create a cohesive vision and experience.
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments.
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title.
- Technical experience working with game engines and game animation implementation.
- Expert level knowledge of Motionbuilder and experience in editing motion capture data.
- Expert knowledge of basic principles of animation: timing, dynamics & body mechanics.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Passion for video games and especially for first-person immersive games.
- Receptive to direction, constructive feedback, and willingness to work through an iterative process.
- Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations.
- Experienced with proprietary editors or other engines like CryEngine, Unreal, or idTech.
- Basic knowledge of Maya.
*Sample Work Required*
- Demo reel should include examples of previous animation work.
- Experience animating creatures or quadruped characters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation or Game Development.
- Strong familiarity with MachineGames´ titles.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.