Senior SP Game Designer
Infinity Ward is looking for an experienced Senior Single-Play Game Designer to work on the next installment of one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooter franchises of all time. At IW, we look for designers who are capable not only of innovation and AAA polish, but who can also be relied upon to effectively collaborate with other departments and drive their vision to completion on-time and at-quality.
If you can handle lots of ownership and responsibility, and if you’re interested in creating highly polished cinematic experiences that impactfully draw out emotion while retaining maximum player agency, we’d love to hear from you! This role is for a technically-capable level designer who can both lay out geo and script the content to completion. You need to be able to comfortably create spaces, as well as the combat and set pieces that will go into them.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create compelling and immersive gameplay with innovative, memorable, and impactful moments.
- Own missions from concept through ship.
- Use your technical background for problem solving, systems creation, and scripting unique scenarios.
- Work with a flexible C-style scripting language to realize your designs.
- Communicate and collaborate with other disciplines such as Art, Animation, Audio, and Narrative to achieve development goals.
- Shipped AAA gameplay experience or equivalent.
- A passion for cinematic language, framing, timing, and set-piece design.
- Ability to take feedback from Directors to iterate and improve your designs.
- Know our games: how they excel, where they need improvement, and how you will make them better.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Be confident and articulate; if you’re passionate about joining Infinity Ward, prove it to us.
- Samples of your work – links to videos with your application. We are looking for playable examples of finished shooter levels or mods.