Lead Online Engineer
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Take on complex online services and own their technical delivery.
- Drive full stack development for back-end services through to client-side integration.
- Develop a continuous integration and deployment pipeline for online services.
- Develop, teach and implement best practices for service development.
- Maintain strong relationships between the different disciplines.
- Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback and collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and shipping online services at scale.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Experience in core areas of online services development including distributed systems, containerization and high availability.
- Professional experience developing client-side online functionality for AAA games.
- Demonstrable professional experience integrating platform APIs such as Xbox Live, PSN and Steam for a shipped title.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a sub-discipline team.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining games within a live service environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.