Associate Artist II
As an Associate Artist II at Infinity Ward, you will collaborate with Level Artists, Leads and Directors to create photoreal environmental materials that adhere to the quality standards and tone of the Call of Duty Franchise. Aiming for the utmost realism in execution while maintaining PBR standards and working within technical guidelines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create tiling world materials that adhere to photorealism and PBR standards
- Work closely with the Environment Artists to create materials and make changes based on incoming feedback
- Utilize good judgement when establishing optimal texture resolution
- Comfortable taking on a wide variety of materials for different environments. Natural, Organic, Hard surface, etc.
- The ability to source own reference material given a desired high-level art direction
- Can mentor associate artists as needed within the materials team
- Proactively helps to troubleshoot and fix problemed content
- 3-5 years' industry experience creating tillable world materials
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) workflow
- Strong foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to world materials
- Expert knowledge of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modeling software (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Familiar with modern level editor workflows. Similar to UE4, Unity, etc.
- Photogrammetry experience and scan data in your material workflow a Plus +
- First Person Shooter experience a Plus +
- Takes feedback and direction well
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet production deadlines