id Software is seeking a UX Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game.
In this role, you will work with team members to help shape our overall UX strategy, building best practices backed by meticulous research and help establish a holistic, consistent user experience. You will use your collaboration and interpersonal skills to build relationships with your team, establishing a strong UX language and evangelizing user experience design. You will also push the boundaries of your craft by exploring the latest emerging trends and creating solutions hand-tailored to player and business needs.
- Game design and/or UI artistic design experience with a focus in UX
- Thorough understanding of how to design and optimize consistent end-end UX/UI systems, features, and player experiences
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement UX specific game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- A deep understanding of UX trends across multiple genres and platforms, including those related to accessibility
- Experience successfully executing projects as part of an agile development team
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to help define and develop UX strategy and experiential quality standards for multi-disciplinary product teams; help ensure that a holistic UX language is carried throughout every aspect of the product
- Collaborate with other Developers to share knowledge, help set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experimental opportunities
- Dive in to get your hands dirty executing deliverables that demonstrate experience strategy when needed (prototypes, wireframes, whiteboard sketches, ideation techniques, and collaborate with usability testing).
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title working as a UX Designer
- Strong design portfolio built by applying user-centered design practices to product discovery, design, and development
- Experience with prototyping software such as Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, etc.