id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join our team to work on some of the industries most celebrated and popular AAA titles. You will work closely with programmers, game designers, and artists to implement and improve fun game features for rewarding customer experiences.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent math skills
- Solid architecture and design ability
- Ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Collaborate on the implementation of new gameplay features: player and characters’ behaviors, combat and powers mechanics, user interface, etc..
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to iterate on gameplay features and ensure a great player experience.
- Develop and own full aspect of the game experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the programmers’ team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and optimized code on all platforms
- Write clear, maintainable, portable C++ code
- Capable of quick iteration and feedback loops while working with the team