id Software has a great opportunity for you to partner with the existing team on project Orion. Orion is technology that enhances the experience of a streamed game. Orion technology reduces latency and bandwidth while streaming a game, making streamed games accessible to more people, in more areas, at higher quality.
Our DevOps R&D Programmer (Project Orion) will be an integral part of a modern R&D team that not only helps the company take advantage of emerging trends but helps drive and define the trend. As part of the team you will help ideate, investigate, and prove new techniques which can be used to improve both current and future Zenimax titles and services. You will be asked to not only write significant portions of new code bases but maintain and integrate that code into existing code bases as well. Our team is results driven and we are looking for people who want to actualize real world technologies that impact the industry in a profound way. Expect your abilities and scope of work to expand in a fast paced and highly innovative environment.
- 3+ years or more hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services.
- Experience with containerization and the software ecosystems that surround their use.
- Experience with multiple cloud frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use.
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools
- Linux administration experience on multiple distributions.
- Working knowledge of messaging and persistence solutions at local and cloud scale.
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and logging tools at local and cloud scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Primary owner of the DevOps problem space of the R&D division and the solutions necessary to accelerate exploration and new technology development.
- Work with our R&D group to bring new technologies to light.
- Evaluate and select existing software technology to build automation solutions for R&D group.
- Build, support, and lead operation of our internal services infrastructure.
- Operationalize services built for new technologies in concert with external operations and platform teams.
- Lead interface for operations and platform teams as they operate services supporting new technologies.