id Software is seeking a Data Scientist to join our development team. This role is an opportunity to contribute to a new initiative to substantially increase our teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions throughout the development and operation of our games.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of statistical techniques relevant to data analysis
- Experience with effective use of query languages (SQL, KQL, etc.)
- Experience with a programming or scripting language
- Strong analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Design quantitative measures and analysis from development artifacts to understand and improve the development cycle on idTech games across multiple studios.
- Analyze live and historic game data for insights
- Design experiments to test hypotheses about player behavior and user experience
- Transform questions about the player’s experience into the design of the right instrumentation to measure game mechanics and systems
- Collaborate with DevOps to define requirements supporting data collection and storage
- Work with the User Research group to deliver quantitative measurements from playtests
- Create visualizations to share findings with team leadership, designers, and other stakeholders
- Monitor game data over time to validate business measures and quantify the effects of marketing campaigns and updates to the game experience
- Experience playing DOOM and other games
- Game industry experience or familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Experience with creating compelling visualizations in data tools like Altair/Vega, D3, Jupyter Notebooks, Kibana, Grafana, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience with the costs and benefits of various data stores (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Familiarity with data lake and data warehouse storage patterns
- Strong Python development skills and familiar with Python-based data science libraries.
- Familiarity with other data analysis and reporting languages, software, and systems
In building this new initiative, we have the opportunity to build a successful team from applicants with different levels of experience and expertise.