Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
Daily challenges include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics;
- Indentifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers;
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability;
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points;
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release;
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- You have strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game;
- You have strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them;
- You have strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data;
- You possess statistic knowledge, you're able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design;
- You have strong marketing knowledge, you're able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance;
- You understand the client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining;
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), concise writing skills;
- You are an MS Excel Master;
- You have deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones;
- You have passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- A modern office complex including:
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.