Frontier Developments are the AAA games studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo and Elite Dangerous. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of video games, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As we continue to grow and develop our business, we have created a new position for an Information Security Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Operations Director, and working closely with the Head of IT and Head of Online, you will be tasked with defining and communicating our InfoSec policies, and undertake follow-up actions such as security audits, ensuring best practice is adhered to at all times.
We are looking for a hands-on InfoSec Specialist who is a subject matter expert in the field, to provide continuous sound advice across multiple business units. This is a great new opportunity with fantastic career development opportunities, working for an exciting and successful technology business here in Cambridge.
- Evaluate current policies and provide input for improving and delivering Cyber and Information Security strategy and plans
- Lead risk & control assessments using defined processes
- Carry out security audits and ensure compliance and best practice is adhered to, using external support as required
- Work with the Head of IT and Head of Online and manage third parties to implement, develop and review the appropriate security infrastructure
- Represent information security with internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor, reporting to Operations Director.
- Provide appropriate specialist advice and interpretation of information security best practice at the appropriate level for the target audience
- Respond to queries from staff and provide regular communications on information security to ensure effective risk management of information security
- Manage, investigate and report information security breaches in accordance with defined incident management processes, ensuring impacts and risks are appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated
- Ensure appropriate and timely reporting and escalation of areas of non-compliance and poor security
- Interpret company objectives and their IT Security implications.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree educated in Computer Sciences/Engineering or a related discipline
- Practical and demonstrable experience of information security (technical and non-technical aspects)
- Previous experience in a similar roles in software development would be essential
- Pragmatic in balancing risk and control requirements with commercial drivers
- Able to influence decision making to surface and mitigate issues and risks across a wide range of stakeholders
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP certified
- Technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, databases, firewalls, anti-virus, and patch management on-premise and cloud
- Good understanding of privileged access management and identity and access management.
- Knowledge and experience of the security products available including intrusion detection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, encryption tools and PAM/IAM toolsets.
- Awareness of GDPR and the Governments Cyber Essentials programme
- Understanding of quality standards such as ISO9001, ISO27001, NIST, BS7799.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.