You want to make a difference and have a passion for esports.
You are enthusiastic, eager to operate complex tasks and able to think outside the box.
You want to to work with an international team of engineers on innovative solutions and new approaches.
Your Future Tasks:
- Preparation and provision of data for ESL commercial departments
o Provision and preparation of research data from third parties
o Preparation and provision of game/event KPI's for the commercial team (e.g. player demographics for specific games)
o Processing of product KPIs (e.g. viewership) for commercial requests
o Processing of internal ad hoc requests
o Internal go-to unit for research inquiries of all kinds (global)
o Quality checks of reports from third parties (e.g. Nielsen Report)
- Lead the relationship with external research vendors
o Communicate with external research providers in day-to-day business
o Gather research offerings from different research vendors and negotiate agreements
- Establish Research topics within ESL/DH and help to further develop the unit
o Creation and maintenance of a data catalog containing demographic data of the most important titles
o Support and consult on further development of the content of our own ESL Data Warehouse
o Support the development of an internal reporting system for various stakeholders
o Support with development of a data-based forecasting tool for media and market research KPIs
o Support with development, maintenance and implementation of an external reporting system for our partners
o Administration of multiple internal files (e.g. AMA vs HW; Media Values and KPI's; ROI)
- Interdepartmental Collaboration
o Help facilitate better communication between Research and Media Rights, Brand Partnership, Account teams, Products as well as Management within ESL
o Cooperate with other Research Stakeholders within the marketing department
- Perform other duties within the Commercial Operations unit as required
- 5+ years of experience in Market Research, Media Research or another related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Market & Media Research or another related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of competitive and esports gaming titles
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Work independently and collaborate well with other teams globally
- Able to assess and improve processes and workflows in your area of responsibility
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in Europe, North America and Asia and on occasion accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required, German is a plus.
ESL is the world's largest & leading eSports company, operating various online and offline competitions such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, CS:GO Pro-League as well as numerous regional and national leagues. ESL has offices in 13 different countries and operations on all continents with around 500 employees. The global Headquarters is in Cologne, and we belong to MTG (Modern Times Group).
We are an incredibly fast paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative and start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.
You feel ready for the challenge to work at ESL? Please fill in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary. Please add the requested documents in PDF format.
Any certificates you want to send us additionally can be attached to either your CV or your cover letter.