Reporting directly to the Global SVP, Global Publisher Relations, the Director Publisher Relations – Americas works independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling ESL services to video game publishers in North, Central and South America. Services include internal and external esports events and competitions.
- Manage and maintain high-priority relationships with video game publishers.
- Acts as key liaison with partners, building and maintaining strategic relationships, working to define and execute long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
- Develops and communicates publisher and developer strategy; educating and advocating across ESL about key industry trends and developments relevant to our business.
- Negotiates publisher deals, MSAs, contracts; oversees creation of budgets and project plans for publisher and developer partnerships.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of relationships
- Keep abreast of changes in area(s) of expertise and responsibility via participation in ongoing professional development and training as determined in collaboration with primary supervisor and Human Resources team.
- Perform other duties, functions, responsibilities, projects and provide assistance as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Bus. Communication, Sales, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA degree a plus.
- 5+ of progressive publisher development/sales experience with increasing managerial responsibilities is required.
- Experience working in video game, esports entertainment, broadcasting or other entertainment industry is required.
- Strong presentation preparation skills and proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Work cross-functionally to assist in the enhancement of existing products, services, and broadcasts.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Able to work with aggressive sales goals.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of technology and workflow in assessing and improving systems and processes in areas of responsibility to achieve annual goals.
- Work independently and collaborate well within teams with a high standard of integrity and ethics in support of ESL’s strategic interests, policies, and goals.
- Perform work with patience, discretion, good judgment, courtesy and tact while working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures, including colleagues, clients, vendors, partners, contractors and other possible stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, social media, reading, phone and customer service skills in accordance with role.
- Respond to others in a timely and courteous manner.
- Use strong project management, organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.