At Embark, we want to empower everyone to create games.
To realize this dream of ours, we explore and apply the latest technology, and we reimagine what games can become and how they should be built.
All of us at Embark take part in shaping our culture. We succeed together, we fail together, and we learn together.
If you’re passionate about games and our mission, bring your expertise, your enthusiasm, your crazy ideas, and let’s change the games industry forever.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We are looking for a talented and passionate User Experience (UX) Researcher to work with cross-functional teams to design and execute research, explore the behaviour and motivations of our players and gather insights that inform the design and product decisions.
Examples of responsibilities
- Design and conduct user research for all Embark products.
- Collect and analyze player behaviour through a variety of methods such as lab studies, surveys, benchmark studies, field visits, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify research opportunities.
- Distinguish root recommendations inspired by the player needs and behaviours.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Effectively communicate research findings to the product and design teams through written reports and verbal presentations focusing on actionable recommendations.
- Generate new methodologies that will pertain to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility.
- Evangelize user research across the company while setting new exceptional and operative standards.
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- A creative and curious mind with a passion for games and games user experience.
- Inspiring and knowledgeable about research methodology in general.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to take a variety of primary and secondary source materials such as analytics, survey results, user behaviour, eye-tracking data, and best practices to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
- Show a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record, preferably from the gaming industry, including experience integrating user research into product design.
- Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, another or related field or equivalent working experience.