At Embark, we want to empower everyone to create games.
To realize this dream of ours, we explore and apply the latest technology, and we reimagine what games can become and how they should be built.
All of us at Embark take part in shaping our culture. We succeed together, we fail together, and we learn together.
If you’re passionate about games and our mission, bring your expertise, your enthusiasm, your crazy ideas, and let’s change the games industry forever.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
As a Front End Tools Engineer at Embark you will be a game maker, enabling the game teams in creating new ways to enhance experiences in interactive entertainment.
At Embark we believe strongly in the value of good user experience, both for external and internal users.
We believe in using the right tools for the job, and we also believe that the best tools are created by the users themselves. We need an expert Frontend Engineer in this field to help us build and architect the best possible tools and frameworks that will allow our Software Engineers to create beautiful user experiences and interfaces.
Examples of responsibilities
- Work as an enabler by using your deep expertise in front-end engineering, architecture as well as UIs and UX.
- Over time, develop an understanding of the workloads you’re supporting to offer advice on changes in technology and processes that can accelerate us further.
- Collaborate with other game makers in the company to understand where there’s friction, both for our software engineers as well as external users, and to address it.
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- Experience building component-based web apps with frameworks such as React, Vue, etc
- Experience with build systems for front-end and bundlers such as Webpack
- Experience designing and/or building CI/CD pipelines for frontend applications
- Proven track record of designing and building frontend architectures for multiple teams with emphasis on performance, scalability and reusability
- Experience with Bazel
- Comfortable with the full stack to build, deploy and run software
- A passion for good UX and performance
- Be a great team player with great communication skills
- Understanding of accessibility and experience implementing WCAG
- Experience working with or creating modular user interface toolkits for the web or other targets
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- Fluency in English