The C++ Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process.
Involved in architectural design and implementation of game features and technologies on multiple platforms, you will collaborate with game designers, UI artists, and game engineers to implement robust foundations for game features and modes. You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems in the Game Modes domain.
What you will do as C++ software engineer:
We’re looking for:
· 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
· Passionate building games and interest or knowledge in at least one related domain: online, rendering, gameplay, low-level optimizations.
· Knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
· Good grasp on algorithms and data structures.
· Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
· Proficient with code revision control workflow and tools.
· Proficient with performance profiling tools.
· Experience in training and mentoring junior team members.
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet project deadlines.
· Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently.
· Passion for making games that look and play great.
Experience with relational databases
Experience in a Client/Server environment
Experience working developing art & content pipelines/workflows
Experience with C# or WPF
Experience with source control solutions (Perforce, Git)
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.