Sr. Technical Designer
EA Tiburon has recently started working on a new IP that is in need of an accomplished Sr. Technical Designer to help with its creation. Ideal candidates will have a broad knowledge of both design and engineering. You will need to wear many hats and fulfill various needs as they arise over the course of development. You will work directly with creative and technical leadership to execute the game's vision while maintaining high technical standards.
• Over the course of development, you will be expected to ideate, design, prototype, implement, iterate on, and polish various game features.
• Generate new and creative ideas that fit within the overall vision of the game.
• Fully flesh out these ideas in a detailed design document.
• Use visual scripting to rapidly prototype new ideas. Quickly find the fun, fail fast, and fail cheap.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team and collaborate well with designers, engineers, and artists.
• Design, implement and tune complex data systems inside Frostbite.
• Design and implement non-interactive sequences using a propriety toolset.
• Own the setup, implementation, and polish phases of narrative cinematic scenes in the game.
• Design and implement unique gameplay moments.
• Author python scripts to automate repetitive tasks within Frostbite.
• 5+ years of industry experience in a design or engineering role.
• A creative problem solver with a strong mix of analytical/technical skills and design skills.
• Experience working with and debugging inside Unity or Unreal is a must.
• Experience with scripting languages is a must. Python experience is a plus.
• Visual scripting experience is a must.
• Well versed in modern game design trends.
• Personal side projects are a plus.
• A background in computer science is a plus
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.