EA was founded over 38 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—have expanded immensely. However, we are still driven by our goal of inspiring the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the Globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
EA Studios Development Technology and Services (DTS) provides services that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. The DTS Analytics team supports a wide spectrum of initiatives across DTS. The analytics function serves as a key tenet of DTS’s operating approach to ensure we all have a clear and measurable alignment of initiatives against EA studios business imperatives.
As a key member of the Analytics Team within DTS you will:
- Manage, prioritize, and groom our team’s customer request and data analytics backlog and refine its contents on an ongoing basis
- Perform all aspects of a scrum master’s responsibilities: schedule and facilitate weekly stand-ups, release and sprint planning, and sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Interface with key stakeholders to define, develop, shape, and refine business requirements
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders including: development, QA, central tech. teams, first parties, external vendors, etc.
- Partner closely with our Data Analysts and Data professionals to
- clarify business requirements as necessary
- participate in DA task breakdown and estimation activities and feed output into the backlog
- Partner closely with our Data Analytics Manager to oversee and manage all aspects of tasks allocation to individual DAs
- Assist with internal/external communications on our team’s web presence, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models, pain points and feedback from internal partners
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations, timelines and risks throughout each project life cycle
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
Who You are:
- Hybrid Business Analyst / Project Manager with strong affinity with data
- Working experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Result-oriented individual with minimum of 4 years of related professional experience performing all aspects of product delivery projects and business analysis activities
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Working knowledge in applying various business analysis techniques to your projects
- Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with both technical and non-technical stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines due to business demand
- Proven track record in managing your own deliverables and producing high quality results
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) processes and methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, interactive, etc.)
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Previous working experience in a consulting-like environment or project delivery is highly preferable
- Experience in creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. Power BI, Tableau)
- Domain knowledge in data manipulation, processing, and reporting
- Domain knowledge in QA and software development testing principles
Domestic and international travel may be required.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.