For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our game into the next visual level. Our rendering engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine rendering code and how industrial advancements can be brought to our players.
We are looking for passionate, visual engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with artists and art direction, and implementing features that bring substantial improvements to our game.
- Collaborate with design and art to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Provide creative, tested, and high-quality technical implementations that meet design and art requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency, especially artists, through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate knowledge in the following rendering areas: lighting, shadows, mesh processing, low-level graphics API, GPGPU, animation/deformation, particles/VFX, or shader experience.
- Understand the 3D scene construction, graphics pipeline, and graphics debugging.
- 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
- Understand C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Demonstrate and debugging skills.
- Understand parallel programming, resource management, and GPU considerations.
- Proficient in C++.
- Understand scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience with a few of the following art-related tools: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, and ZBrush.
- Experience in embedded systems, especially console development.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.