As a Game Modes engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping to build out the front end of a game that is loved by millions of gamers around the world. You’ll be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain.
- Implementing and optimizing Client Front-End screens and workflow for a mobile Online game
- Work with Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components
- Work with Server and Client BE engineers to define, hook up and test end-to-end functionality
- Refine underlying screen navigation workflow
- Collaborate and contribute within small to medium team of engineers.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
- Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience with C++, Flash, Action Script 3
- 2+ years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Prior experience shipping a mobile or console product
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Experience on an online game / free-to-play title a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) a plus.
- Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as JIRA / Hansoft / DevTrack.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.