The Role: Game Designer on FIFA
Our Game Designers maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing gameplay features.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through entire project life cycle.
- Produce creative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience in the service.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely.
- Help develop long-term roadmaps for features.
- Keep the team updated on design changes and why they occurred.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods, new platforms, player engagement, and live service campaigns.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (not a must-have)
- 3+ years industry experience specifically in game design.
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing game concepts using different tools and technology.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual, mobile or sports game genres.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with an ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Needs to be an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and motivated to overcome challenges with working solutions.
- Must be familiar with gameplay theories and interface design ability.
- Experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills oriented towards achieving results.
- Experience polishing and reiterating features post-launch based on player feedback and telemetry data
- Experience with economy and monetization models is an asset
- Understand players through player feedback, focus groups, market research, and analytics.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.