We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader to join our Business Development team to build significant, long-term strategic relationships with partners of varying sizes and impact. In this role you will lead and build our developing Strategic Partnerships and business development team and partner with senior leaders to develop, evaluate and grow potential and existing external partnership opportunities. We are seeking a VP who has demonstrated success in building a team, refining partnership strategy and has the ability to drive and manage our external partnership strategy, contracting, execution and user growth through the executions of strategic relationships.
What you'll be doing
- Design strategies and lead partnerships that support Discord’s business goals
- Work closely with the Product and Marketing teams to understand the needs of the business and both develop new relationships to support those and engage existing partners on new initiatives
- Develop plans and opportunities to work with partners to take advantage of the power of Discord across a wide variety of use cases, from Gaming to Content to Platforms
- Manage partner relationships across their entire lifecycle from onboarding to ongoing success
- Understand the product roadmap and customer value propositions to bring in partners that align and accelerate value provided to prospects and our user base
- Identify partner needs and position Discord in a way that sets the relationships up for success
- Lead and inspire cross-functional teams to evaluate partnership opportunities.
- Educate the organization on partnerships
- Mentor, motivate and develop employees to deliver on the organization’s long term vision
What you should have
- 20+ years of experience in business development and partnerships within the consumer space
- Experience with gaming or content/media highly preferred
- Experience building, managing, and developing a business development team
- Proven ability to develop strategic partner relationships across a broad spectrum of industries
- Ability to set measurable goals for the team and reliably execute on them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to audiences including executives
- Proven ability to create a plan for assigned partners and forecast partner deals
- MBA preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.