We’re looking for a Protector of the Realm whose sworn duty is to defend our users from all manner of unwanted content and behavior. As a Trust and Safety Analyst, you’ll help write and enforce our guidelines, remove unwanted content from Discord, and mitigate bad experiences for our users. You’ll hear opposing views and make tough calls in intense situations, and you’ll also have to explain your decisions to the team, our users, and third parties in clear and understandable terms. You’ll work with others to look into the future of Discord and stop potential issues before they become a threat.
What you'll be doing
- Review and evaluate content for compliance with our Community Guidelines
- Analyze data, propose and implement programmatic rules to handle abuse at scale.
- Work with CX, legal, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively and create reports to improve, optimize, and innovate.
- Analyze new and potential features and propose plans to help reduce or remove abuse before it happens.
What you should have
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms.
- Familiarity with technical systems: you don’t need to be a software developer, but you should be able to understand networking and systems.
- Incredible empathy and patience: we want our users to know that they’ve been heard.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- A passion for gaming and online safety.
- Willingness to work during non-typical or non-core hours.
- Ability to work during one of three time shifts.
- Early morning bird - 5am-2pm EST
- Tuesday thru Saturday - 9am-6pm EST
- Sunday thru Thursday - 9am-6pm EST
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing content policies (for example, being a subreddit moderator)
- A cover letter is mandatory!
- Fluency in SQL and Python.
- Experience with Discord's API.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, enough that you know keyboard shortcuts.
- Project management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration.
- In-depth knowledge of internet culture and trends.
- We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, and Vision plans at no cost for employees
- Paid leave for new parents and 14-days PTO
- Fully subsidized commuter and parking benefit
- Gym allowance