Come build the future of Discord’s business with us! We are looking for impact-focused full-stack engineers to join our world-class Revenue group as we accelerate Discord’s growth through the creation of compelling paid products. These products allow us to grow our business while keeping Discord’s core functionality free, and without selling ads or user data. To learn more about Discord Engineering, take a look at our engineering blog!
What you'll be doing
- Work with your squad to deliver innovative new products to explore potential revenue streams for Discord on Android, iOS, and Web
- Deliver experiments that create great user experiences while achieving business outcomes
- Collaborate with the marketing and business development teams to enable strategic partnerships and promotions
- Evolve the payment platform upon which Discord’s revenue products are built
- Partner with CX to solve user issues and improve internal tooling
- Improve reliability and stability of billing and payment platform
What you should have
- Full-stack experience. We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript, Python API), Android (Kotlin, RxJava), or iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift)
- A growth mindset. You view mistakes as learning opportunities and build upon your successes. You challenge yourself and those around you to continuously improve
- A focus on impact. You have a sharp eye for what changes can bring a product from good to great. You collaborate closely with product managers, designers, analysts, and other engineers to define great solutions to business problems
- A sense of ownership. You believe in solving a problem completely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments
- Direct experience working on revenue/monetization teams
- Significant experience in mobile development
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.