We're a group of Customer Experience mages here at Discord, and we’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem solving magic! You will need to have angelic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as you troubleshoot diabolical technical issues. This includes helping our users to slay set-up stumpers, outwit overlay obstacles, pulverize permission pickles, and much more.
As a member of our team, you will directly support our communities, listen to their feedback, and share these insights with other teams to help make the Discord experience the best that it can be. If you’re looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you'll be doing
- Work the Morning Shift on Thursday to Monday (8AM to 5PM). After it is safe to do so, we would expect you to be present in our SF office. We prefer you to be local or are willing to relocate.
- Give quick, accurate, and thoughtful responses to our users’ requests through all of our support channels
- Help educate and provide useful troubleshooting steps for technical issues that our users face on the desktop, browser, iOS, and Android versions of our app
- Identify and escalate issues to ensure rapid response to the latest trends and opportunities
- Monitor user sentiment and provide relevant feedback to other teams
- Participate in social media efforts and messaging, and keep a finger on the pulse of our community
What you should have
- A cover letter (This is mandatory.)Don't skip this one!
- Passion for supporting our users with unwavering patience and empathy
- High level of confidentiality and discernment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems
- Passion for building communities and belief in our values at Discord
- Prior customer service experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g. Sparkcentral)
- Previous exposure in supporting web applications
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.