The Community Team is looking for a new crew member! We’re lookin’ for a for go-getter who can hit the ground running with a wide range of projects, which includes, provide top-tier support for our Partner & Verified Server programs.
This is a 6 month contract role where you’ll discover and bring on new creators and communities to the platform and develop new and exciting ways to engage with our communities, all while debating over whether or not nacho fries deserve a comeback.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting Partner Program & Verified Server Program outreach
- Review and respond to applications across all of our Community Programs
- Assist with day-to-day elements for community planning and execution
- Aiding in developing strategic plans for our community programs
- Develop creative ways to engage with our vibrant and active online communities
What you should have
- A cover letter (This is mandatory.) Don't skip this one!
- A degree in Marketing or related field
- An awesome communicator and a people person
- A dedicated individual who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- Good at problem-solving and troubleshooting—especially when things are chaotic
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask for help when you need it
- Ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
- Thoughtful, organized, and detail oriented
- Previous internships or experience in Community or Marketing
- Understanding of the best Discord server moderation and community practices
- Experience using ZenDesk, SendGrid, or Hubspot
- Knowledge of communities from platforms including Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Mixer, and Reddit
- Understanding of or experience with content creators
- Can eat vanilla ice cream for every meal of the day
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.