Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented designer to work on its Star Citizen live product. The position entails work on the ever-expanding Persistent Universe experience.
- The Live team is responsible for updates and maintenance of the live product and the content for occasional demos.
- The work of a Live designer can be extremely varied as the responsibilities span large parts of the game. From inception to implementation of things such as: missions and their locations, minor game mechanics, user experience, balancing and much more.
- The Live product usually receives new technology at a first implementation stage, therefore we can help guide its development and are expected to work closely with the engineers and system designers to ensure its ease of use.
- A Live designer must be vocal in ensuring the needs of the player are not overlooked and maintain a finger on the pulse of the community.
- Creation of multiplayer missions and expansion as new system and mechanics come online.
- Working closely with the Engineering and System Design to improve AI, gameplay, mechanics, tools, etc.
- Working with Environment Art and Level Design to ensure a perfect balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
- Working with Narrative to build engaging stories for mission and locations.
- Placement of locations within the solar system and on planets.
- Willingness to follow and learn from the community using resources such as Reddit, Spectrum, and Twitch.
- Maintaining strong relationships with other departments and projecting a professional face of the Live team.
- Capacity to work to frequent deadlines.
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting or coding languages.
- Minimum of 4 years of game industry experience in design role.
- Previous experience on a AAA multiplayer game.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written.
- A passion for story-telling.
- A willingness to engage with the community.