Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Relationship Marketing Manager to join us in our Austin, TX studio!
Our Marketing team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with millions of players contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and unlimited possibilities. We are seeking a marketing manager who can own all aspects of creating and nurturing a loyal and thriving player base, which includes the disciplines of direct marketing, lifecycle marketing, subscription services, and VIP services. The person who will thrive in this role understands that success means creating an ongoing relationship with our players predicated on delivering value and meeting the needs of our community. This role will be empowered to drive strategy around how we engage with our players and create long-term sustainable relationships with them so they become loyal players within our community for years to come.
- Be the domain expert on best practices around direct marketing and customer lifecycle management.
- Be the domain expert on base practices for creating and cultivating long-term customer loyalty and customer relationship building
- Be the authority on creating and sustaining customer loyalty
- Advocate for VIP customers and long-time players
- Be able to context switch between managing successful, mutually rewarding relationships around monetization or engagement, or both
- The role will be accountable for the success of our direct marketing, subscription, and VIP programs
- Contribute to the key goals of the Marketing Team in engaging, nurturing, and earning loyalty in our global player base
- Manage our Concierge and subscription programs both holistically and strategically
- Attend regular staff meetings to represent the voice of our clients and provide key insights about the Concierge and subscription experience including feedback, concerns, and customer needs
- Demonstrate methodologies in using personalized communication to grow our passionate audiences, drive campaigns and minimize churn rate
- For new and existing services, work closely with Marketing Managers to develop existing customer opportunities
- Define, communicate, and maintain the highest standards of customer service
- Indirectly supervise the Concierge Support Team to ensure that the luxury lifestyle experience is consistently provided for all players
- Maintain, analyze, and communicate interpreted results of weekly, monthly, and annual KPI reports
- and other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing loyalty or subscription programs
- 3-5 years of experiencing managing direct marketing, CRM, or lifecycle marketing
- Proven track record of growing revenues and engagement within loyalty or subscription programs
- Experience working with geo-distributed teams across different time zones
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities
- Experience in white-glove customer satisfaction and service
- Ability to see connections and when to engage with key partners
- Strong analytical approach, leveraging data and insights to inform strategy and business decisions
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities
- Ability to quickly see the immediate and potential downstream impact of decisions
* International travel may be required as a part of this role
This position is offered at our Austin studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer for this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all of the above, we encourage you to still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.