Cloud Imperium Games under the direction of Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, is seeking an experienced, motivated, and organized Recruiter to join us in our Wilmslow studio (near Manchester)!
We want a passionate and intuitive Recruiter to help us find the best candidates for CIG and grow our presence in the gaming industry. Working with the Recruitment Manager we want to build an engaging candidate experience that they’ll remember.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG is at an exciting part of its journey; we want people to join who are ready for this challenge and want to help this game be the success it is destined to be. Can you help us get there?
- Develop a recruiting plan outlining the types of candidates needed and how they will be sourced
- Build up and maintain a network to proactively source applicants for current and future openings
- Attend recruitment events and invite relevant hiring managers
- Attract applicants by drafting and placing job advertisements
- Evaluate applicants as part of a screening process and make recommendations to hiring manager
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules and travel needs and follow up on the interview process status
- Management of applications using the company’s internal applicant tracking database
- Ensure that the company is acting in compliance with recruitment legislation
- Assist with employer branding and ensure we offer a positive candidate experience
- Keep accurate records of the recruitment process according to data protection policies and handle associated administration
- Notable recruitment experience, with at least 1 year within internal recruitment
- Experienced at sourcing for niche technical roles, ideally within gaming processes
- Be a creative problem-solver - you'll have lots of help but often you will have to figure out the solution yourself
- Familiarity with applicant tracking databases
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of various sourcing techniques and methods to successfully find the right candidate
- Ability to prioritise varied workloads and identify which roles are ‘critical’
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Most importantly be optimistic and collaborative! We're building an awesome team and looking for someone to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in
- Knowledge of recruiting in video game industry is highly advantageous
- Awareness of relevant recruitment legislation and legalities
- Familiar with creative social media posts
- Good knowledge of the type of events we should attend
- Sheer willingness to help improve everything and anything