Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in Austin.
Our Community team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with gamers from around the globe contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and limitless possibilities. We see our player community as an extension of our team and partners in building this epic universe together. We're looking for an Associate Social Media Manager who is passionate about bolstering that relationship, championing the voice of our backers, and of course, having fun.
Associate Social Media Manager – Austin, TX
- Develop and execute contextual relevant social media and community strategies, tactics and content across various social and broadcast channels, (Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Linkedin etc.)
- On-the-ground execution of social strategy across multiple channels: write/publish social media posts and other player-facing pieces of written content
- Look within the company, industry and to our competitors for useful benchmarks, best practices, expertise sharing, learning opportunities and to increase collaboration among all the available teams
- Serve as an internal champion and expert in social policy as it relates to employees, user generated content, privacy, contests and campaigns, while representing the voice of players internally
- Work with community team to monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Act as a social media guru, providing on-going creative and strategic inspiration to the organization through training sessions and guidance when necessary
- Identify, cultivate, and engage advocates including passionate influencers that can help amplify our core reach.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- 1+ year of previous social media management experience within the video game industry
- Knowledge of software development
- Familiarity with Star Citizen’s development
- Experience/familiarity with web development
- Proactive self-starter