Join today to shape the future of VR. We are adding to an established team to work on an exciting new Assassin’s Creed VR project. You will work on the Oculus platform, on one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and legendary IP’s on a multi-studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production.
We are looking for a senior comfort VR game designer to work in our Comfort Team to imagine the future ways of enjoying VR
- Design and prototype proven and innovative game systems for VR Comfort and Accessibility
- Ensure the implementation of desired features into actual gameplay and settings, while maintaining the quality and balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines
- Contribute to the handling, gameplay, mechanics and interface setup
- Analyze and audit gameplay systems
- Prepare guidelines and consult other teams with a focus on design for VR Comfort and Accessibility
- Collaborate and communicate in a large co-dev project with diverse disciplines (Programmers, Designers, UI/UX, User Research, QA, etc.)
- Prioritize and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in meetings.
- Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation
- Prepare testing/research environments, help test designs and iterate on the design
- Previous experience in VR design with a focus on Comfort and/or Accessibility
- Strong human-centered design skills and ability to analyze gameplay systems with critical judgment
- Understanding of VR game design principles, Cognitive psychology, Ergonomics principles, Accessibility and UX
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively on a large co-dev project with team members of different disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate ideas and concepts;
- Task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication skills
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude & a team player
Bonus (but optional)
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience conducting user-tests or collaborating with User research
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence and within Agile/Scrum Organizational Environment