Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project
As a UI Artist on our team, you provide visual guidance to our players and allow them to confidently and seamlessly navigate within our game world.
At this key position between art and game design, your player-focused mindset, creative skills and sense for clear visual communication ensure our players always know where to look and what to do. Through your excellent use of space, color, typography and animation you clearly and consistently communicate all key content at the right place and the right time; And thanks to your work, gameplay experience always remains immersive
- Follow design documentation to translate high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs
- Conceptualize and design user-friendly interface assets (HUD, GUI elements, menus, animation, logos, icons, etc.)
- Work (very) closely with UX and game designers to visually communicate the path they’ve laid out
- Prepare and communicate ideas in a visual manner, either as sketches, style frames or mock-ups;
- Design motion graphics for in-game assets and/or pre-rendered movies
- Integrate your assets, with the help of programmers and verify they meet quality targets
- Develop and refine your work based on feedback from collaborative teams (debug and optimize).
- Research & develop cutting edge styles that push boundaries in graphic design and motion graphics
What you bring:
- College diploma in graphic design and multimedia or equivalent training or work experience
- 3+ years of experience in creating interfaces on a video game or feature film
- Experience working in game interfaces on at least 1 AAA game preferred
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Creativity, originality and resourcefulness when searching for solutions
- Observation skills, sense of initiative and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept critiques and adapt to change
*Experience with UI middleware is a plus.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)