We are looking for a Technical Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- Deep knowledge of the following: Python, C# (C++, Java a plus)
- Deep knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Houdini a plus)
- Strong Knowledge of 3D engines
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Senior Technical Artist.
- Perfect understanding of traditional and of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
- Shader writing or shader building skills
- Rigging experience is always a plus
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools/systems
- Perfect understanding of art optimization techniques
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engines
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Experience in video-game production as Technical Artist (minimum 5 years)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Scripts or application examples, code samples
- Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
- Develop new and improve existing tools.
- Problem solving for key production issues.
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
- Guide/Coordinate Art teams on demanding tasks
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Developing tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools.