We are looking for a Lead Programmer (f/m/d) to lead the Düsseldorf team to deliver the content on time and quality.
In this role and as part of one global team you lead the Düsseldorf programming team. Reporting to the Senior producer, you work closely with your team to support them driving the development of different features. You will oversee the architecture of various game relevant systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with the technical director, other leads and people from different disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive the work and create an outstanding AAA VR game experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary programmers
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team
- Foster a healthy collaboration of the various programming groups within the team together with the project leadership group and the technical director
- Spearhead the design and development of architecture and features within the mandates scope
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Gather feedback and evaluate the work performed by team, analyse their impact on the project, and help them use this information to improve and grow.
- Participate in the hiring and interview processes for programmers
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, with ambition and empowerment within the Düsseldorf team and across the studios.
- 8+ years of development experience and shipped at least two AAA titles
- Experience leading a team
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering
- Experience in development for PC VR (preferred), console and mobile (desirable)
- Strong programming skills in Unity/C# (required)
- C++ is a plus but not required
- Proficient in refactoring and optimizing existing systems
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
- Knowledge of low-level system architecture
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members.
- Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools. (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA...)
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (as English is our business language in the studio.)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player