The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role you will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop new and improve upon existing tools
- Help solving key production challenges
- Create tools, processes and benchmarks, in line with artistic and technical constraints, to maximize production flow
- Ensure daily support for Art and Tech teams
- Enable other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
- Develop tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools
- Create & maintain documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide them for the team
- Collaborate with Tech-Art Department, Art-Department and Programming
What experience you should offer:
- Experience in video-game production as Senior Technical Artist (minimum 3 years).
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pc, as Senior Technical Artist.
- Strong technical skills in performance, optimization and methodology
- Strong artistic skills in creating Visual FX
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Deep knowledge of 3DSMax, MotionBuilder, Maya (Photoshop, Substance Designer)
- Strong knowledge of 3D engines (Unreal, Unity etc.)
- Good knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Understanding of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
- Ability to think creatively in order to overcome technical challenges
- Independent work style, with solid deductive skills as well as the ability to work efficiently on a team and to effectively communicate your ideas
- Strong organisational skills
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience with shader creation is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.