Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a Senior Level Artist on our team, you are an expert in creating captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Through your own creations as well as your mentorship for other team members, you build outstanding, living scenes that tell a story and captivate our players interest and attention.
Within the framework of our game and its’ universe, you can push creative boundaries – and have the artistic ability to do so. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop space with plenty of personality.
What you will do:
- Deliver outstanding environmental storytelling by integrating and building assets into the game engine and determining lighting intentions to set and dress a polished scene
- Familiarize yourself with game design documents to understand the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style required to create an environment with the intended impact
- Collaborate with level designers, the lead artist and the content director to discuss and internalize the game’s vision and intentions ; study visual references and perform independent artistic research for further inspiration;
- Understand the project’s tools, pipelines, workflows and technical constraints
- Define and articulate modelling and texturing needs, coordinate with modellers and texturers responsible for the level; follow up on the progress and quality of the work together with the lead artist
- Assess level content with the lead artist and production to establish time and planning estimates as well as priorities
- Build road maps for content creation; ensure the technical and artistic quality of final deliveries and oversee necessary optimization and debugging to fix issues raised by testers
- Act as a point of contact for the team regarding question about the map and levels and inform artists of changes due to technical constraints
- Act as a direction-providing mentor for other level artists
What you bring:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in modelling, texture, lighting and image processing, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Excellent compositional skills and strong understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, color theory, etc.
- Strong skill ins visual storytelling with an excellent eye for detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and ability to easily communicate in English
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with a sense of initiative
- Interest and ability to mentor other artists
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)