Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a Senior Concept Artist on our team, you deliver the foundation for the art team to create memorable and exciting environments for our players to explore. You work will serve as guidance and reference for the visual tone of our project and allow all artists to work towards a common goal.
Working closely with our content director, the lead artist and other team members, you are a creative visionary, an interpreter and communicator of ideas that is able to be inspired and to inspire others. You understand a vision and let your creativity guide you as you freely explore styles and designs in your medium of choice. You’re eager to receive your colleagues’ feedback and enjoy the challenge that comes with the continuous, iterative process of working and reworking your art until you communicate the correct visual design language.
What you will do:
- Partner with the content director and lead artist to understand and shape the overall visual idea of the game
- Produce illustrations, key art and other assets which communicate the vision of the project
- Produce sketches and quick iterations (digital or paper).
- Create high quality concept art for AAA game assets, environment art and set pieces
- Collaborate with level artists to enhance playable spaces and visual fidelity
- Propose concepts to the artistic team and discuss possibilities.
- Adapt your artwork based on feedback
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a professional Concept Artist
- Creative and imaginative mind with a great understanding of composition, light and form
- Strong skills in the creation of hard surface concepts
- Proactive, creative person with a coherent artistic vision
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating the expertise in creating concept art for environments and architecture.
- Experience in character design is a plus
- Being able to integrate 3D tools in your workflow (Houdini , Blender,3Ds Max, zBrush) is a big plus
- Good English skills (verbal & written)
- Meeting deadlines
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)