We are looking for a Project Owner & Senior Multiplayer Lead Game Designer (f/m/d) to lead the Düsseldorf team to define and deliver the multiplayer content of the game in time and quality.
In this role and as part of one global team, you lead the global multiplayer team. Reporting to the Senior producer in Düsseldorf, as the Project Owner for multiplayer, you define and implement the multiplayer vision shared by the Creative Director and the Game Director. With your team, you define the multiplayer systems and game modes for the game and you ensure that the online technology is developed and available to make your choice a reality.
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary devs (10+ members)
- Lead the design and development of the multiplayer features of the game.
- Empower and guide the team in design, creation and balancing of major game systems;
- Help the team to carry ideas from conception, through to prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for the multiplayer team and track development efforts across the team;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Gather feedback and evaluate the work performed by team, analyse their impact on the project, and help them use this information to improve and grow.
- Participate in the hiring and interview processes for programmers
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, with ambition and empowerment within the Düsseldorf team and across the studios.
- 8+ years of development experience and shipped at least two AAA titles
- Experience as Game Director / Lead game Designer / leading a team
- Experience in multiplayer development for PC VR (preferred), PC (necessary), console and mobile (desirable)
- Key knowledge and understanding in multiple areas of design;
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Strong awareness of market trends;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of game designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player