We are looking for a Level Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible planing, detailing, and supervising the work of the game designers with a very strong focus on content creation.
The potential candidate will actively participate in the creation and development of the world by supporting the Content Director and ensure the team’s performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- A Passion for VR; experience in VR is a bonus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the games industry working in level design or game design; shipping at least one AAA project.
- Experience in level design;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work
- Hands-on attitude;
- Unity knowledge is a bonus;
- Strong focus in user experience;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written;
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Be a team player
- Create a compelling game world, place assets and terrain sculpting and painting based on the creative/level-design directors vision
- Manage your levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions
- Create level concepts, block them out in the engine’s level editor and ensure a playable prototype throughout production
- Continuously improve and balance the difficulty and flow on the maps/levels
- Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new game play, AI, sound, etc.)
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to ensure the consistency of your work
- Mentor junior level designers and share your knowledge with your peers