As a Lead Level Designer you will plan, detail, and supervise the work of your game design team. You will establish standards for formal design documentation and tools for the project as well as ensure the team’s performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives. You will also actively participate in the creation and development of the game design by supporting the Creative Director.
Your Main Objectives:
- Drives the design team to deliver the expected game features in quality
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team
- Train and counsel junior designers and carry out performance follow ups.
Your Specific Tasks:
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within game design
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Experience supervising a design team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, analytical, with good management and planning skills
- Good understanding of content creation processes
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Solution oriented;
- Dynamic personality;
- Autonomous, able to drive decision.
- VR Experience is a bonus
- Solid knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Good ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written