As an Intermediate/Senior Generalist Game Designer your mission will be to tackle multiple features and design needs (conception, prototyping, balancing, etc.) in order to create the best possible user experience for the game.
You will be responsible for the entire feature life cycle, from early stages all the way through to release and frequent post-launch updates.
- Understand the intentions a Creative Vision has about the player experience and help realize them in the features you will be working on,
- Prototype, implement, balance and playtest features, overseeing them from initial concept to final implementation, ensuring the highest level of quality in everything you own,
- Take ownership over large, complex systems and make plans for how to implement them within the game while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders (Programming, Animation, AI, Level Design, Narrative, Art and others)
- Create, standardize and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines,
- Produce and oversee global UX/UI flow with detailed requirements while adapting it to the changing needs,
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the Game Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
- 3+ years in a designer capacity in the video games industry with at least one shipped AAA title
- Versatility: you enjoy learning and being involved in a wide variety of things
- Ability to work autonomously and produce excellent results while incorporating high-level requirements,
- Experience in working in a team in a fast-paced and iteratively minded professional environment,
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written,
- Scripting or other forms of independent prototyping skills.
You as a person:
- Problem-solving and open-minded,
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change,
- Autonomous and proactive attitude, result-oriented,
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken,
- Play games, watch streams (or stream yourself),
- Stay on top of the industry trends,
- Understand the value of playing together.