Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a Game Designer on our team, you'll be the creative energy behind our game's systems and controls. You translate the project's vision into actual gameplay and enable our players to make meaningful and unique experiences within our game world.
From concept phase to the final gameplay, you take part in creating, iterating and fine-tuning designs that are engaging, innovative and fun. You work on both, the tiny details that make for high quality design and the bigger picture where all pieces fall into place to create an overall outstanding player experience.
What you will do:
- Design core mechanics and controls aligned with the game’s creative vision and technical framework
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess, iterate and implement your designs
- Create, maintain and communicate design documentation that will guide interdependent teams
- Develop in-engine prototypes and evaluate their quality and performance based on the agreed objectives for the game’s design
- Work closely with level designers to define typical game situations and ideal distribution of basic game elements in relation to difficulty, desired variety, optimal learning curve and optimal player experience
- Create comfortable and easy-to-master control schemes by applying relevant ergonomic principles (accessibility and usability)
- Define player information needed to make engaging choices within the game and its’ specific scenarios, interfaces and menus; Collaborate, communicate and align ideas with other departments
What you bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in video game production or related experience; Ideally having shipped at least one PC/console title in some capacity
- Strong understanding of gameplay flow, game systems and scripting
- Highly sharpened communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (you’re able to clearly explain your thought process on paper and in person)
- An innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- A solid understanding of the market and a passion for video games – you play enough to know what makes quality gameplay!
* Art or engineering skills a plus.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)