We are looking for a Game Designer to join us at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany) and bolster the team in developing the Avatar game project, using Snowdrop together with Ubisoft Massive.
As a Game Designer you will create and improve gameplay features and game content. You highest priority will be providing fun and innovative game mechanics. In achieving this you will work closely with like-minded colleagues, from a variety of disciplines including artists, animators and programmers, from studios around the World.
- As part of the game content creation team, you will design, improve and balance features and mechanics of the game
- Create and maintain detailed design specification of game features and support the development team in the implementation of said features
- Prototype designs with fast iteration using Snowdrop to prove concepts and develop quality metrics to assess their viability relative to requirements
- Facilitate communication between designers, artists and programmers to ensure that the quality and implementation match the intended direction/vision
- Design and ownership of assigned game features and content in-line with the Avatar project’s vision and quality standards, set by the creative director and your lead designer
- Quickly iterate designs to continuously improve the game’s quality
- Work with game engine & tools to add and tweak content in the game
- Work closely with team members to ensure that design specifications are met and adhere to high quality expectations of the Avatar project
- Focusing on the player experience as the ultimate metric for the quality of any feature and content
- Evaluate player feedback and improve features based on analysis
- Three+ years of industry experience, preferably working on console games (shipping of at least one AAA title is a plus)
- Experience designing gameplay features for an action game.
- Experience with player character mechanics and designing player controls (3C’s)
- Tools of the trade: Office, flowcharts, Photoshop, level editor
- Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- A degree, or near equivalent qualification, in game design
- Experience working with Technical Game Engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with designing gameplay systems for an open world game