Join today to shape the future of VR. We are adding to an established core team to work on a prestigious new Splinter Cell VR project. Being developed for the Oculus platform, on one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and legendary IP’s on a multi studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production. You can make an impact on the future of AAA VR games with this iconic franchise.
We are looking for an Art Director to lead this project artistic vision across all studios. Working with a team of seasoned professionals like yourself you will define the overall vision for art and how to best realize the game’s creative ambitions partnering with the Game and Creative Director. Furthermore, you will have the benefit of building an art team that fosters an atmosphere of excellence and collaboration both within and out with the art discipline to deliver the best overall game experience.
This is a permanent position based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and requires working onsite.
- Create, drive and uphold the artistic vision and direction for a Splinter Cell game whilst honoring the brand.
- Collaborate with other studios to ensure consistency and quality for the project;
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals;
- With your team, deliver state of the art visuals, finding the right balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- A passion for VR; Experience in VR is a bonus
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as an Art Director coupled with previous experience as a Lead Artist
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
- Clear understanding of art pipelines.
- Ability to frame delivery goals for a team, and review and dynamically adjust them to achieve success.
- In-depth comprehension of the technical landscape; hardware, software and techniques.
- Unity knowledge is a bonus
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to effectively apply them to production
- Documented leadership experience and great collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player