Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a 3D Level Artist on our team, you will create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
You bring environments to live by assembling and positioning key elements that deliver impactful visual moments and enhance our players’ experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Within the framework of our game and its’ universe, you can push creative boundaries – and have the artistic ability to do so. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop space with plenty of personality.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with level designers, the lead artist and the content director to discuss and understand the game’s vision and intentions
- Deliver strong environmental storytelling by integrating and building assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references)
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise (test and improve)
- Stay organized and meet agreed deadlines
What you bring:
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent
- Around 2-4 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, color theory, etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to easily communicate in English
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail!
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)