Test Manager, B&OP - Applications
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage test team for a product end-to-end
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a large team towards individual and team excellence
- Influence cross-functional teams on end to end strategy, test execution, and reporting
- Accountable for the quality of all deliverables, workflows, and relationships for the test team
- Partner and provide high-value quality-related services to production leadership
- Forecast and manage the product’s test schedules, needs, dependencies, and resources
- Develop and manage the master test plan for the product
- Drive quality projects with regional teams, partners, stakeholders, and QA teams
- Set annual and continuous improvement goals for the team
- Contribute to long term QA vision creation and drive communication outward with stakeholders
- Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives
- Facilitate resolution of project impacting issues that require intervention
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience
- Present formal business reviews regularly
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Test and/or Project Management experience: 8 years
- Management experience: 3 years
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience leading regional test teams
- Capable forecasting and managing test budgets for a large project
- Ability in coaching white/gray/black box and automation best practices
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end test planning for a product
- Expertise in Jira and test case management tools
- Shipped multiple game titles
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!