Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Specialist, Competition Operations
The Call of Duty League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Call of Duty League melds Activision Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
The Specialist, Competition Ops, will manage the ruleset for Call of Duty esports programs across professional, amateur, influencer-based, and other ecosystems. This role will coordinate with teams and league office to manage education, feedback, and modifications to the rulesets. This role will manage finalizing handbooks, rulesets, competition qualification, and schedules.
This role will report into the Senior Manager, Global Competition Ops.
- Responsible for authoring rules that govern all Call of Duty esports programs and competitions including program handbooks, tournament rules, and participation releases.
- Be the person of contact for communicating rules and clarifications to internal and external partners.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of rules and regulations for all programs.
- Assist with event preparation and execution as it relates to competition operations.
- Compile tournament and program status reports for various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Assist in designing competitive systems and formats focused on delivering the best experience to participants and spectators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business, related field of equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in league operations or relevant function for traditional sports, esports or related field
- Experience in an administrative role
- Passion for video games, and working knowledge of esports
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel is required
- Experience with creating and implementing rules
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in game or entertainment company
- Experience in project management