The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our E-commerce group handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to our games, features, upgrades, and flood our virtual gates? Or perhaps even how you can get virtual goodies just by watching streams? We're the group and platform that powers all those and more!
As a Senior Web Application Software Engineer in the Shop team, you will join a team of engineering experts dedicated to building a global platform, allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be an integral part of building, integrating, maintaining, and, operating services that directly integrate with all Blizzard and several Activision games, all of whom we partner and collaborate with closely.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
· Develop new features for merchandising, purchasing, and gifting the contents of our digital product catalog, integrating with the rest of our e-commerce group and game teams
· Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and numerous other partners to deliver quality products
· Learn and grow with the team, drive for and adapt to new technologies
· See projects through from requirement gathering to development, testing support, launch, and live coverage thereafter
· Improve the quality of our code and infrastructure to grow with Blizzard’s global reach
· At least 5 years of web application development experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
· Skilled with common web security practices and the reasons to use them
· Expertise developing rich, reactive user interfaces for the web
· Experience with server-side development
· Deep understanding of web technology (HTTP, WebSockets, REST, etc.)
· Experience writing comprehensive unit test coverage
· Familiarity with a modern SPA framework or library such as Angular, Vue or React
· Experience developing in Java or another server-side object-oriented programming language
· Working knowledge of Spring framework
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!